Wednesday, November 9, 2016

That is more important.


Alfred: I'll get this to Mr. Fox, but no more. I've sewn you up, I've set your bones, but I won't bury you. I've buried enough members of the Wayne family. 

Bruce Wayne: You'll leave me? 

Alfred: You see only one end to your journey. Leaving is all I have to make you understand, you're not Batman anymore. You have to find another way. You used to talk about finishing a life beyond that awful cape. 

Bruce Wayne: Rachel died believing that we would be together; that was my life beyond the cape. I can't just move on. She didn't, she couldn't. 

Alfred: What if she had? What if, before she died, she wrote a letter saying she chose Harvey Dent over you? And what if, to spare your pain, I burnt that letter? 

Bruce Wayne: How dare you use Rachel to try to stop me? 

Alfred: I am using the truth, Master Wayne. Maybe it's time we all stop trying to outsmart the truth and let it have its day. I'm sorry. 

Bruce Wayne: You're sorry? You expect to destroy my world and then think we're going to shake hands? 

Alfred: No... no, I know what this means. 

Bruce Wayne: What does it mean? 

Alfred: It means your hatred... and it also means losing someone that I have cared for since I first heard his cries echo through this house. But it might also mean saving your life. And that is more important. 

Bruce Wayne: Goodbye, Alfred. 


Quote from Batman: The Dark Knight Rises
Source: imdb.com (link)

No comments: